Exciting news from Richie the Ranger! Woolton Picture House was, of course, a favourite place of John’s in his youth and is much-loved by local residents today. Richie’s films/talks are always hugely popular and this promises to be a very special performance on a very special day!
“I will be staging a screening of the Beatles first film ” A Hard Days Night” on Wed 5th July at 12.00 noon.
This fabulous film will be screened at Liverpool’s oldest cinema, The Woolton Picture House, where one can relax in comfort and revel in the nostalgia of this fantastic musical journey.
Released on 6th July 1964, this is still regarded as one of the top 100 best british films ever released and truly captures the magic and talent of the early days of the group.
Experience the Beatles on the big screen, performing hits such as
- “A Hard Day’s Night“
- “I Should Have Known Better“
- “I Wanna Be Your Man” (sample)
- “Don’t Bother Me” (Harrison) (sample)
- “All My Loving” (sample)
- “If I Fell“
- “Can’t Buy Me Love“
- “And I Love Her“
- “I’m Happy Just to Dance with You“
- “Ringo’s Theme (This Boy)”
- “Tell Me Why“
- “She Loves You“
- A talk will also be given about the making of the film itself and also….we will have a good old fashioned interval for Ice Cream and refreshments.
- All this for £ 5.00 per person.”